Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Physical Security Officer II for our Tampa, FL (Commerce Park) facility.
Provides armed workforce security and safety by responding to and resolving issues pertaining to access control, accident and emergency response, medical response, workplace violence, active shooter events and other security issues. Under direct supervision, uses established procedures and guidelines to perform routine to moderately complex tasks and problem resolution. Performs all duties in alignment with USAA s Security Officer Standards.
- Applies developing knowledge of policies, processes, and procedures; seeks guidance from team members to resolve complex issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Controls access to USAA property and delivery access at entry gates, turnstiles, and visitor lobbies. Provides information and direction to employees, visitors and contractors.
- Patrols USAA properties to prevent trespassing, theft, vandalism, and criminal activities; enforces parking and traffic controls and composes incident reports.
- Performs pedestrian and vehicle traffic direction and parking control as well as vehicular and walking patrols to protect USAA assets.
- Interfaces with and provides assistance to civil first responders to include federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and other emergency services providers.
- Reviews shift blotter and documents for assigned shift, ensuring that key information is communicated to team members as appropriate.
- Participates in quarterly training sessions to sustain competencies in alignment with USAA Security Officer Standards.
- Maintains valid First Aid, CPR, and expandable baton certifications in accordance with USAA Security Officer Standards.
- Maintains valid state security officer firearm license in compliance with state of employment requirements and in accordance with USAA Security Officer Standards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, General Equivalency Diploma, or applicable trade/technical school diploma.
- 1+ year of physical security, law enforcement, or military experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess valid state driver's license.
- First Aid, CPR, and expandable baton certifications or ability to obtain within first 6 months of employment.
- Must pass a Fit for Duty evaluation.
- Valid, or ability to obtain valid, state security officer firearm license that complies with state of employment requirements and USAA Security Officer Standards within first 6 months of employment.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Professional presence
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Corporate security oriented
- Current Class D and Class G license with the State of Florida
- Proficient in use of force continuum, fire arms safety and marksmanship
- Law enforcement or Military Police experience
- Ability to work Thursday Saturday 6:00am-6:30pm
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 02/18/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: guard, loss control, loss prevention, patrol officer, protect, public safety officer, safety report, school, surveillance, university