Schneider Electric? creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Systems USA Inc. is a global technology, software and consulting organization leading significant change in process manufacturing, plant optimization, business operations and enterprise performance. Our solutions help to automate plants and facilities and allow a wide range of personnel to receive and respond to changes in conditions more quickly and effectively. Thereby keeping their operations running efficiently and safely. Primary customer industries include Refining and Petrochemicals, Upstream Oil and Gas, Pharmaceuticals and Fine Chemicals, and Power and Utilities.
We are seeking a Quality Engineer to join our newly formed Industrialization Group whose mission is to manage new product launch in multiple North American and international sites while insuring compliance to Schneider Electric's OCP (Offer Creation Process), PMP (Project Management Process), and industrialization activities. The Quality Engineer for Industrialization will provide leadership for Quality Assurance activities associated with New Product Development. The Quality Engineer will promote the Industrialization Quality Approach to secure Quality and Safety of Product, Process and Supply Chain performance, Delivery and Cost. The Quality Engineer will influence product and process design as well as supply chain flows for new products, driving superior operational performance in safety, environment, quality, service, lead time, landed cost and capital outlay achieving On-Time delivery. Job Description
- Influence the design of new products from the most upstream phases of the Offer Creation Process through simultaneous and collaborative design of products and processes.
- Develop all required process documentation including risk assessments, quality plans, PFMEA's DFA/DFM, control plans, process procedures and test plans.
- Lead a high-performance project team and drive performance results and work with core teams and development partners to ensure robust design quality practices are embedded and applied as required.
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the project.
- Provide constructive technical challenge to the design and development of product/system and process.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in Advanced Statistical Analysis for product development teams.
- Provide Quality leadership on new product programs ensure product and process design meet intended quality targets. Manage design & implementation of quality tools/methods to support Product launch metrics including but not limited to reliability assessment, risk management, statistical process control, requirements management, process and product verification & validation,
- Develop and execute the product Quality Plan, ensuring product realization is conducted in compliance with internal, customer, and regulatory requirements during all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Ensure that documented evidence exists to demonstrate a high degree of assurance that specific design and processes will consistently and continually produce a product that meets specifications and critical to quality attributes.
- Lead project teams by utilizing risk management process and tools. Drive reasonable and appropriate risk controls.
- Provide quality leadership for design review activities and launch readiness decisions.
- Promote process capability and incorporation of Lean manufacturing concepts in process design.
- Promote analytical problem solving through sound statistical application.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- 7-10+ years of quality/process engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years of New Product Development experience. Greater than 5 years industrial experience in which candidate had responsibility for the development and implementation of product and/or process quality plans. Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment. Provide leadership for quality activities associated with New Product Development and expand quality system tools and procedures to support Schneider OCP and PMP Processes. The preferred candidate will have experience with consumer/industrial electronics, complex printed circuit board assembly, and structured stage-gate processes/tools. Expertise in ISO type quality systems, APQP and PPEP methods is required. The successful candidate will be expected to have a strong understanding of FMEA risk management methodology and help drive the identification and elimination of risks (process & design) that could impact the achievement of first time quality. Strong Quality Engineering skills with working knowledge of product design verification, as well as product and process validation activities is required. Strong knowledge of process capability, DFSS, and Lean principles. Candidate must have solid understanding of statistical methods and their application to product or process engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable of working independently and in a team setting. Ability to work and communicate in a cross-cultural environment is required.
- Provide quality leadership for Critical-To-Quality (CTQ) flowdown and specification compliance.
- Lead risk analysis activities for New Product Development programs and drive completion of appropriate mitigation.
- Candidate must be able to influence team dynamics regarding quality goals, deliver constructive feedback and provide quality leadership in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to travel within North America and internationally in support of new product programs.
- Knowledge of applicable electronics standards including IPC 600, 610, soldering standards and ROHS a plus.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Associated topics: circuit, electrical, energy, hardware, plc, rf, schema, solar, wind, wire