Primary function of this position is to track and trace the rolling assets of the company to include switcher tractors, trucks, and trailers. The supervisor will efficiently and effectively track utilization, maintain databases, and assist in leasing/rental procurement of designated rolling assets. The position requires professional communications, computer and presentation skills. Position represents the company in a positive image with employees, customers and the community always performing in a safe and ethical manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for the daily accurate tracking of company switcher tractors, trucks, and trailers by location.
- Responsible for the efficient entry of each asset into the company systems including TMW/TMT Maintenance Files on each asset.
- Provide approval/accurate validation of invoicing (1st level) of rental equipment obtained by operations.
- Mine operational data to develop solutions and identify opportunities.
- Provide daily reports including but not limited to:
- Equipment by company locations (including customers location)
- Equipment in maintenance status (PM, on hold, repair)
- Equipment missing or stolen,
- Trailer idle for more than 48 hours,
- Truck idle for more than 72 hours,
- Improper Dispatched moves
- Corrections of improper maintenance entries of new equipment
- Container purge report, etc.
- Acquisition of new assets either lease, rental, or new
- Improper routing or utilization of equipment
- Provide a monthly report on the following:
- tractor mileage/hours utilization,
- low/high mileage tractor
Responsible to coordinate with accounting all idle trailers and identify discrepancies with a reason code to properly address reporting to customers.
Track all trailer detention at customer s yards for proper invoicing.
Oversee or perform detailed yard checks on a routine basis as required.
- Drive continuous improvement of the assigned responsibilities and operational utilization of TMW.
- Assist with movement of equipment for new locations.
- Assist in the preparation or collection of information for insurance claims.
- Identifies, reports and provides recommendations on the opportunity for optimization of transfers, rentals, cost reduction, operational waste issues and surplus of assets while also addressing quality, safety and customer service
- Required to attend meetings as necessary and provide updates on the activities of the day.
- Required to adhere to all BLS policies, procedures, DOT and OSHA safety rules and regulations. Strict adherence to C-TPAT best practices
- Follows all workplace processes and standards in support of the ISO-9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and OHSAS 18000:2007
- Required to attend and complete all assigned company training
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate s Degree in management, transportation or a related field is required; a Bachelor s is preferred. At least two years experience in asset management and/or logistics/transportation is required.